Last Updated: July 29, 2020
McEvoy Foundation for the Arts Reopens to the Public on August 5
We’re excited to share that McEvoy Arts will reopen to the public on Wednesday, August 5 with Orlando, on view through September 5. Our staff has been working hard from home to ensure that your visit is safe and enjoyable. We hope that McEvoy Arts can be a welcoming space for exploration as you broaden your social activities.
Below you will find planned changes to our visitor experience to ensure the health and safety of our guests and staff. Visit this page to learn more about updated admissions policies at McEvoy Arts.
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
Before You Arrive
Stay at home if you are feeling sick. Please do not visit McEvoy Arts if you have a fever or any COVID-19 symptoms, have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days, or have had close contact with anyone who is confirmed or is suspected of having COVID-19.
During Your Visit
Please wear a face covering. Single-use masks are available at the front desk.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. If you are part of an immunocompromised high-risk group, are in need of other accommodations, or have additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-580-7605.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Single-use masks are available at the front desk in limited quantities.
- Signage has been installed to encourage distancing and traffic flow.
- The front desk cannot accept visitors’ personal items for safekeeping. Large bags, open containers, and food products are not permitted in the galleries.
- Public restrooms are available to McEvoy Arts’ visitors. Hand sanitation stations are accessible at multiple points throughout the gallery and Minnesota Street Project common spaces.
- Restrooms, high-touch surfaces, and public spaces are cleaned thoroughly, multiple times a day. Please ask our gallery staff about health & safety policies if you have questions.
- Wheelchairs, in limited numbers, are available for temporary use during your visit; please notify staff at the front desk.
- As a contemporary art space, McEvoy Arts offers a low- or no-touch intimate viewing experience with our exhibitions.
- Guided group tours by appointment are temporarily unavailable.
UPDATE: June 29, 2020
McEvoy Foundation for the Arts is Temporarily Closed
McEvoy Arts plans to reopen to the public when able and in accordance with state and local health guidelines. The exhibitions Orlando and certainty is becoming our nemesis have been extended through September 5, 2020. We look forward to welcoming our visitors back to the gallery and to being able to share our programs in person once more.
McEvoy Arts is taking all necessary precautions in accordance with local and state health requirements to ensure your safe and enjoyable visit. Keep your eye out on our social media, newsletter, and this page for more details in the coming weeks about planning your visit.
UPDATE: MARCH 16, 2020
McEvoy Foundation for the Arts Galleries to Close Temporarily
Following recommendations from the CDC and public health officials to contain the spread of COVID-19, McEvoy Foundation for the Arts’ galleries are temporarily closed until further notice.
Though we firmly believe in art’s ability to inspire hope and solace in uncertain times, we believe this is the most responsible course of action for the safety of McEvoy Arts’ visitors, volunteers, staff, and the community at large. We will continue to monitor the situation in the coming weeks to determine whether the closure will be extended and will update all of our available channels with new information as it becomes available.
Our dedicated staff continues to work remotely to bring you programs and stories about McEvoy Arts and the themes and ideas embedded in the McEvoy Family Collection. Feel free to engage with us via our website, social media channels, and emails, where we’ll be sharing stories and media about the artists and curators who shape the conversation at McEvoy Arts so you can #MuseumFromHome. We hope our platforms may be a comforting online space for you in the days ahead.
If you have any questions as circumstances continue to develop, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
We remain committed to supporting all our guests and employees during this unprecedented time. We ask that all members of our community practice social distancing measures and follow guidelines set forth by health officials. We wish you and your loved ones the best of health during this critical time. Thank you for your continued support.