McEvoy Foundation for the Arts (MFA) presents exhibitions and public programs that engage, expand, and challenge themes within the McEvoy Family Collection.
MFA is seeking an enthusiastic and creative communications assistant to support brand and audience development initiatives in digital and print platforms. Reporting to the communications manager, the successful candidate works independently and collaboratively to support outreach and marketing campaigns and facilitate communications needs for institutional and programmatic projects. The communications assistant has a passion for storytelling, exceptional written and verbal communications skills, and understands marketing best practices to broadcast the organization’s mission, vision, and value.
- Organize and produce content for all of MFA’s social media channels, leveraging social media management (SMM) systems and marketing automation tools/software.
- Engage with MFA’s promotional partners to ensure the effective distribution of asset toolkits for amplification.
- Produce and publish exhibition, event, and news announcement webpages from approved copy and visual assets.
- Ensure all webpages are developed with search engine optimization and social sharing capabilities in mind.
Design & Production
- Produce in-house email newsletters and digital-invitations, brochures, advertising, slide presentations, signage, press materials, and calendar listings from approved copy and visual assets.
- Ensure MFA’s brand integrity across all platforms.
- Prepare and archive visual, video, and audio assets for various platforms.
- Copy edit documents.
- Assess and provide impact reports in all project areas as needed.
- B.S. or B.A. degree with a concentration in art history or communications with 1-2 years of related experience.
- An understanding of social media and digital marketing best practices.
- Highly organized and capable of managing multiple projects at once.
- Personable, well-spoken, and passionate about the institution and its values.
- Knowledge of contemporary art.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and/or SSM. Experience with WordPress, Mailchimp, CRM databases, asset management tools, and Slack, a plus.
Flexible, 16–20 hours/week
Hourly, non-exempt. Rate commensurate with experience.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Communications Assistant” in the subject header. We are accepting applications through February 28, 2020. Position open until filled.
Equal Employment Opportunities
McEvoy Foundation for the Arts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive reconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.