McEvoy Foundation for the Arts presents exhibitions and public programs that engage, expand, and challenge themes within the McEvoy Family Collection.
McEvoy Arts is seeking an inquisitive and creative communications assistant to support its brand and audience communication projects. Reporting to the communications manager, the successful candidate works independently and collaboratively to develop and execute multi-channel social media campaigns, facilitates the development of materials and assets, and provides general support to the communications department. The communications assistant has a passion for storytelling, exceptional written and verbal communications skills, and understands social media and communications best practices to broadcast the organization’s mission, vision, and value.
Develop and schedule creative, engaging, and branded content for McEvoy Arts’ social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Artsy) in alignment with institutional calendar. Maintain channels’ profile, updates, mentions, and inboxes. Ensure that content is developed efficiently, accurately, and with the greatest impact by leveraging social media management tools and best practices.
Using approved content, prepare webpages and visual assets, ensure all website content is up-to-date and published on schedule. Ensure key webpages reflect SEO best practices.
Marketing – Calendar Listings, PSAs, Newsletters, Invitations
Using approved content, coordinate and distribute event calendar listings and radio PSA submissions. Draft and collate content for bi-weekly e-newsletters and periodic digital invitations.
Design & Asset Management
Design simple in-house environmental signage, digital graphics, and slide shows. Collect, organize, size, label, and archive visual, video, and audio assets for various communications platforms. Coordinate and collect image use-rights and permissions with third-party copyright holders. Assist with the collation and distribution of digital press kits.
- Coordinate production schedules and produce periodic reports that measure results and impact of departmental activities.
- Copyedit press releases, webpages, gallery materials, and other documents for publication.
- Utilize and organize central filing system for department.
- Help maintain departmental operations manuals and guidebooks
- Ensure brand integrity across all platforms.
- Attend events as needed. (Limited during pandemic).
- B.S. or B.A. degree with a concentration in art history, communications, design, or related field with 1-3 years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of social media and communications best practices in a cultural or visual art setting.
- Highly organized and capable of managing multiple projects at once.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with a passion for contemporary art.
- Competency in Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and/or social media management platforms.
Schedule & Salary
20 hours/week, Monday–Friday. Flexible schedule. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Communications Assistant” in the subject header. We are accepting applications through January 31, 2021. Position open until filled.
Criminal Background Check
Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position.
Equal Employment Opportunities
McEvoy Arts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive reconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.