Last Updated: June 2, 2020
Personal Information We May Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person, including:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses);
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Credit and debit card number
We may use a third-party payment service to process payments made through the Services. If you wish to make a payment through the Services, your Personal Information may be collected by such third party and not by
How We May Collect Personal Information
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services: We may collect Personal Information through the Services, e.g., when you sign up for a newsletter or make a purchase.
- Offline: We may collect Personal Information from you offline, such as when you attend one of our exhibitions or other
events,or contact us by phone.
- From Other Sources: We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners and from other third parties.
How We May Use Personal Information
We and our service providers may use Personal Information:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters;
- to send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions
- to complete and fulfill your purchase (e.g., to process your payment or communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service);
- to send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you
; toallow you to participate in contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities may have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information. We suggest that you read any such rules carefully;
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring
andprevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- to our service providers, who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other services;
- to third-party organizations, to permit them to send you marketing communications regarding cultural and social events and services that we believe may be consistent with your interests;
- to identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Services;
- by you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and content (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose any information on these services; and
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Other Uses and Disclosures
We also may use and disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence; (b) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
Other Information We May Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as:
- browser and device information;
- information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
- demographic information and other information disclosed by you; and aggregated information
How We May Collect Other Information
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the computer that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Services, pages visited, language preferences and other anonymous traffic data. We and our service providers use this information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize your experience while using the Services and to recognize your computer in order to assist your use of the Services. We also gather statistical information about
Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
We do not respond to browser do-not-track signals at this time.
IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications
From you: Information such as your preferred means of communication and topics of interest are collected when you voluntarily disclose it.
By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services (for example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Services and other websites or online services on any of your devices. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). They may also use these technologies, along with
Third Party Services
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Choices and Access
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information. We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes.
- If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by (following the instructions contained in each such email).
- We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress or delete Personal Information that you have previously disclosed to us, you may contact us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below. In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
Use of Services by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that they not disclose Personal Information through the Services.
Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Transfer
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information.
We ask that you not send us, and you
McEvoy Foundation For the Arts
1150 25th St., Building B
San Francisco, CA 94107
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.